Lord Stuart collected stained glass from across Europe, as well as closer to home. The collection features local pieces from Christchurch, as well as those from France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Switzerland. Most of the stained glass is also a lot older than the Castle itself, with pieces dating between c1400 and 1840.
There are approximately 150 pieces within the entire stained glass collection, of which more than 100 require conservation. These panels were originally displayed in the Ante Library, Wintergarden, Drawing Room and the Oriel Window.
Images of the Oriel Window. Photo from Castle Archive.